I AUTOMATE EVERYTHING...including sending out birthday cards, and follow up sequences to new clients (Thank You cards etc). If you haven't heard about Send Out Cards (SOC), it's fantastic, and relatively inexpensive considering it's Automated.
Here's my SOC Site>>>
They updated their system in April of 2018 moving to a Free, Good, Better, Best monthly payment model, which now offers unlimited card sending on the top 2 subscription models.
There is a free account so you only pay when you send a card, or you can purchase a monthly account. You can even use your own handwriting, upload photos, insert gifts etc. I'm on an unlimited monthly plan that allows me to send unlimited cards (also includes postage) to as many people as I want...you may just hear from me soon. Watch this video about some of the benefits.
Here's What I Send Brand New Clients:
Here's What I Send People That Referred New Clients To Me:
- 2 Cards
- FIRST: sent within 2 days of signing - "Thank You" card - only my signature, phone and company name is how I sign it.
- SECOND: sent within 30 days - "Referrals" Themed card - thank them again, ask for referrals, all my details included w/my photo
Here's What I Send Existing Clients
- 1 Card
- I send a $25 gift card with my sincere thanks, and I mention who the referral was that I received from them
- Birthday Cards - I have this automated in my SOC account. I set up a new birthday card in early January, everyone gets the same card throughout the year. It's normally a colorful birthday themed card, I put all my info in it, but it does focus on them, I just want them to remember who the heck I am, so I put my photo in there too.
- Special Occasions / Loss - If I hear about a special occasion (anniversary, new grandchild etc), I'll send a card. These are really quite speratic as I only send them when I hear about good news. I also send a sympathy card if I hear their spouse, loved one, pet etc. has passed.
Now that I have unlimited card sending for one low rate (new to SOC in 2018), I will send a TON more throughout the year. I'll target months by last names - example would be all last names A-B-C will get a "how you doing" card in January, all last names with D-E-F will get cards in February etc. I'll pre-write the message for my campaigns(if you think about it, you only need to write 1 or 2 new messages per year!).